Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Vinyl Din Video

I'm not sure how this all started. I'm sure Jason idly mentioned that he wanted to put together a video of his band, Vinyl Din, and since I enjoy making movies (it's basically writing with moving pictures), I guess I agreed sometime a few weeks ago.

I'm no stranger when it comes to videoing the many exploits of Jason's various bands over the years. In fact, 90 percent of what Jason has of his music on video tape, you can pretty much guarantee that I was behind the camera. However, this time, it's different in a huge way, because I have access to a pretty cool video editing software that allows me to create a presentation that I could not have ever dreamed possible 20 years ago when we first started making movies. Back then, if you wanted to splice together two video clips, you needed two VCRs (yes, remember those?) and quick fingers to get it just right. Now, all I have to do, click the mouse, pick up as much as a clip or as little as a frame, and drop it where I want it, exactly where I want it. I can add textures, layers, sound effects, texts, extra music, fades, transitions... it's great.

So, in about eight hour's time, I had a completed three-minute video of Jason's band. Too bad I didn't go to film school...as I rather like doing this.

Behold:

No comments:

 

web site tracking
Sierra Trading Post