Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The First Day of School

I haven’t been in a classroom in roughly a dozen years, but for the first time since then, I’m a student again. Tonight was my first day back to school in an effort to right a wrong, silence a little voice and to further my education.

Surprisingly, it was what I expected. We didn’t do anything of importance, and the routine of a first day of class was very familiar, bicycle riding-type familiar. He passed around the sign-in sheet and the syllabus, and then proceeded to read it to us, afterwards, explaining who he was and what we should expect from the class.

I felt as though I had an edge on everyone else. Since I prepare more for everything I do in my life now more than ever, I had already read two textbooks on the subject (and 1/3 of the assigned textbook) and I had even practiced some of the assignments in those books.

I was excited to go to class again, but I should have left about 10 minutes earlier than I had, because by the time I had parked and briskly walked to the Engineering Building, found the classroom (I actually found it a couple of weeks ago—remember, I am prepared), and sat down, the class had just started.

Tomorrow, I have to run to an architectural supply store to get all of the equipment I’ll need for the class, about $75 bucks worth of things. At least I’ll have them.

Architect, here I come. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like one of those 50 year old "nerdy" people we had oinn our classes at CPU. Slow down old guy. Those little college kids won't be able to keep up with you, you are going to throw off the curve. YOU BIG NERD!!!

LOL Le Anne

 

web site tracking
Sierra Trading Post