Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Flight of the Natalie-Bee

Now that the sun is staying out longer and Global Warming is causing my backyard to be nice and toasty, I’ve enjoyed spending a lot more time out there. Every day after dinner (and most days before too), the family spends at least an hour running around on the grass, climbing the hill, painting with water on the patio, scrounging for treasure in the sandbox or sneaking juice boxes out of the fridge in the garage.

Such delight.

Also, lately, Natalie’s been entertaining the crowds with her interpretive dance… I’m not sure what she is dancing about, but the shows usually last a couple of minutes and takes her from one end of the yard to the other, during which we have to “pay close attention.” This is a far cry from a few months ago when she would only dance if nobody was looking. Now, she always has to wear a dress or a skirt when she dances…that’s proper dance etiquette, you know.

I’m not sure if what you are about to see is a product of her weekly dance classes or if it is a culmination of her creative mind… I think maybe a little bit of both, as I can usually spot a couple of shuffle-steps and some kind of sideways galloping maneuver, but whatever it is, she is always very proud to show off her dancing skills.

However, a lot of it is just a little girl running around the grass free from most everything adults have to worry about in life. I hope she appreciates it. Right, who am I kidding?

So, without further adieu, I present to you Little Gnat in Flight of the Natalie-bee.

No comments:

 

web site tracking
Sierra Trading Post