Thursday, April 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to Kara

For those of you who missed it, yesterday was Kara's birthday. She celebrated her... well, let's just say that she's done this a couple of times before. We went to T.G.I.Friday's for dinner, where our crazy children weren't hungry for some reason, like they ate before we left. Matthew spent the whole time sweeping his food onto the floor, and this time, I didn't feel too bad about it because I told them it was Kara's birthday, and the waiter gave me a nod that said, "Don't worry about it, it's under control. You're at Friday's. We'll birthday her up real good." In reality, they never returned with a group of dis-interested servers and non-English-speaking bus boys to sing an annoying, but royalty-free version of "Happy Birthday." I find it embarrassing anyway, so I guess it was for the best. Plus, we wanted to leave as quick as possible.

After that, it was cake and ice cream at our house. My cake didn't come out too good. The icing kept lifting the top layer of the cake as I spread it (and Natalie kept eating it off of the cake), so the frosting was speckled with bits of cake. I doused it with some sprinkles and added candles... I used Roman numerals for her birthday instead of one candle per year, otherwise she would have had to blow out the candles outside with a fire extinguisher handy, probably. Teehee.

Here's us singing "Happy Birthday." Well, mostly just me, I guess.

No comments:

 

web site tracking
Sierra Trading Post