Friday, March 30, 2007

The Afternoon Snack

Matthew was complaining for about 15 minutes before I realized what he wanted. I was cleaning the shelves in the fridge and had everything out on the kitchen table, while Matthy stood there whining on the floor. Usually, I ignore either of the kids if they take that route to get my attention, as there is nothing worse than a whiny child, but this time, he just wouldn't let up. Finally, it dawned on me that he wanted a yogurt, one of a half dozen sitting out on the table. He just had lunch not two hours before; I swear, the kid's going to eat me out of house and home. Then, of course, since Matthew was eating yogurt, Natalie wanted some too...which works both ways typically: One always wants what the other has, so we started to buy things in pairs, just like my parents did, I'm sure.

So then, little cups of yogurt for everyone. I dole them out, spoons for all, a bib for Matthew because sometimes he drips a little on his shirt... I step out of the room for just a minute and come back to this:

1 comment:

Ryan or Kara said...

Maybe it wasn't whining but instead Matthew asking for yogurt in his language! He knows what he wants. You just don't understand him!
K

 

web site tracking
Sierra Trading Post